Monday, April 23, 2012

I'd like to share my pineapple quilt with you.  This January I lost my father.  I was blessed to have him be my dad for many of his 91 years.  It's still hard to believe that one day we could be playing cards and 2 days later he'd be gone.  Dad and Mom raised 5 daughters and 1 son.  All his girls sew and Dad took delight in seeing what we were working on.  I often would come to visit and he'd pull out a picture he had come across which he thought I might want for my art files.  The last quilt blocks I took to show him were these pineapple blocks.  He loved the vibrant colours.  So Dad this one's for you...Dad's Pineapple.

3 comments:

  1. Lovely Pineapple Nancy. Your Dad would love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nancy!

    I awarded you a Liebster Blog Award. See the details on my blog post of May 12 at http://sisterofthebrush.blogspot.ca/2012/05/linda-fellow-maritimer-at-scrapmaster.html

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nancy, I saw your gorgeous Pineapple quilt recently at The Quiltery. It is stunning! So much more vivid "in person" - the colors are so rich. It is spectacular, I LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!!

    ReplyDelete