Saturday, September 15, 2012

Goodbye summer and hello Autumn

  In June the days spread out before us with hope of a glorious summer.  Every year I'm amazed how it quickly passes and we're looking at coloured leaves and turkey.  This year was a summer of highs and lows. Our extended family has grown by two beautiful and healthy grand-nephews.  What joys for my sisters and their families.  Friends visiting, finally seeing one of the places on my bucket list; Fortress Louisburg, working and gardening....before you know it Fall is upon us!

I haven't abandoned quilting this summer but sometimes weeding took priority, although to look at my garden today you wouldn't think so.  I would like to share a few of the summer projects starting with my Halloween Wallhanging:  "You Never Know What Might Happen in a Pumpkin Patch" I will be teaching this at Covered Bridge Quiltery in Riverview this October.
I've also made several Slash a Stash Quilts but managed to quilt only one.  The picture isn't great- windy day and poor lighting but a quick quilt to use up some of that stash we all stock in case of a world shortage on cotton.












Finally I pieced but haven't quilted a quilt from the Prairie Mercantile line of patterns called "Delectable".     A clever combination of two pattern favorites, Delectable Mountains and Log Cabin.  What's up next:  I'm currently working on a pinwheel/friendship star quilt using neutrals and of course the next phase of my The Quilt Show BOM Star quilt.  I'll show pictures of it next time.

Fundy Mermaid has been on the show circuit for the last time at the KV Show in Quispamsis.  She picked up a 1st place ribbon for Modern Wallhangings. I think she has earned a rest on my wall!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Nancy, I spoke to you outside the KVQG show this evening and remembered to surf in to see your blog! I'm following along now. I love to know more quilters in the province and see what everyone is up too. I actually blog too. It's just a fun way to record the stuff the make. Cheers, Riel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrat’s on your recent ribbon!! And I love the Hallowe’en hanging - but then, you knew I would! Excellent fabric choice for the tree....love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Nancy, Congrats on Mermaid's newest ribbon! Love your new quilts- the Hallowe'en one is great - Jennifer is right- perfect choice of fabric for the tree.. And I LOVE Delectable! Great combo of two fav designs.. I love anything "Log Cabin".

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just voted for your pumpkin quilt. I really like it especially how you did the background.

    ReplyDelete